HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
First Aid Training
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is an advanced course for medical professionals who require the use of oxygen therapy during medical emergencies.
Although numerous first aid courses provided by First Aid Course Perth are suitable for beginners, HLTAID015 is not one of them. This course requires a basic knowledge of first aid, so anyone who registers for HLTAID015 must first complete HLTAID011 Provide First Aid. The material taught in HLTAID011 is assumed knowledge in HLTAID015.
When you take a first aid class with First Aid Course Perth, you can expect it to be a hands-on experience. Advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is precisely this. We strive to create a learning environment that is both comfortable and supportive for our students. Luckily for us, our top tier first aid trainers make this goal easily attainable. They’ll be on hand for the entirety of your course, available for further explanation, and able to answer any questions you may have.
This course includes the following:
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- AED use (Automated external defibrillator)
- Assessing vital signs (respiration, pulse, oxygen saturation)
- Basic airway adjuncts
- The “five rights”
- Safe administration of oxygen (legal requirements, correct use, cleaning, sterilisation and storage of oxygen equipment)
Get Certified Faster
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is an all-inclusive, one day course with a duration of 5 hours.
First Aid Course Perth helps get you certified faster. With our half-day seminar, you’ll receive hands-on and highly interactive training, as well as your assessments. You’ll get everything finished on the same day, meaning you won’t need to return for any tests. We’ll even make sure you get your certificate that day as well!
HLTAID007 is now HLTAID015
In 2020, HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy replaced the old CPR and oxygen therapy standard, HLTAID007 Provide advanced resuscitation. In any circumstance where HLTAID007 is required, HLTAID015 is accepted, as this is the new government standard.
The New Standard Includes the Following Qualifications:
HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (previously HLTAID001)HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (previously HLTAID007)
In order to partake in First Aid Course Perth’s HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy course you must meet the following criteria:
First Aid Certificate Holders
Here’s what some of our Same-Day First Aid Certificate holders had to say.
HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
When you take Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy with First Aid Course Perth, you get more than a first-aid certificate. You also gain an experience you won’t soon forget. With a blend of theory and applied skills, students receive a well-rounded educational experience.
Our half-day class sets time aside for all necessary assessments. This means there’s no follow up days needed for test-taking; everything you need to become certified, you’ll complete on the day of your training. You’ll even receive your certificate that day!
We take health and safety seriously at First Aid Course Perth. Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been careful to follow all the government regulations.
When you enrol in one of our training classes, you agree to adhere to the following Covid-19 safety precautions, if they are currently in place:
- Sign-in sheets for participants
- Maintaining safe social distance
- Using personal protective equipment (PPE) (this includes face masks)
- Help to make sure equipment is kept clean and sterilised
For the safety of our students and trainers, if you are feeling unwell or have experienced flu-like symptoms, we ask that you do not attend a first-aid course. Call us on (08) 8317 5117, and we will get you rescheduled at no additional charge.
Upon completion of HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy, you will be awarded the following certificates that will be recognised Australia-wide:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID015 – Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy
These certificates are issued by First Aid Course Perth and are fully accredited. They are acceptable for any professional role that requires HLTAID015 (or HLTAID007) certification.
The HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy certificate is valid for three years.
The HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation is valid for one year.
The total cost for the HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is $120 (this can be lower, be sure to check our daily deals!). This price includes the following:
- Training materials
- Training equipment
Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy assess students knowledge in numerous fields. To successfully complete these assessments, you’ll need to demonstrate understanding of:
- Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines
- Safe Work Australia Code of Practice
- Incident hazard and risk minimisation processes
- Infection control procedures
- Safe work practices for oxygen equipment and cylinders
- Workplace or site first aid procedures
- First aid kit contents
- Education and Care Services National Law
- State Education and Care Services Regulations
- First aider Duty of Care requirements
- First aider requirements for the currency of skill and knowledge
- First aider skill and knowledge limitations
- First aid parent/guardian consent
- First aid privacy and confidentiality requirements
- Stress management techniques and available support for rescuers and children
- The effect of positional change during CPR
- The appropriate duration, hand placement, compression/ventilation cycles and cessation of CPR
- AED use on children (Automated External Defibrillator)
- AED safety and maintenance procedures
- Chain of survival
- Accessing and handing over to emergency services
- Assessing the level of consciousness for infants and children
- Basic anatomical differences and first aid considerations between infants, children and adults
- Using suction devices
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of a basic airway adjunct
- Assessing and interpreting vital signs
- Normal clinical values (respiration, pulse, oxygen saturation)
- Identification of signs and symptoms and first aid management for life-threatening-bleeding
- When oxygen is beneficial
- When you shouldn’t use oxygen
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of providing oxygen
- Benefits, contraindications and complications of suctions
- Selecting and using various oxygen mask types and other oxygen therapy devices
- Cleaning, maintaining, troubleshooting and storing various resuscitation and oxygen equipment
- Safe use, storage and disposal of consumables
- First aider and rescuer mental well-being and support
Completion of the course will also require you to exhibit your practical first aid skills by correctly providing first aid to:
- A currently unconscious adult who is not breathing (CPR, AED, two-rescuer CPR, oxygen ventilation)
- An unconscious adult who is regurgitating or vomiting (recovery position)
- An unconscious child who is not breathing (CPR)
- A casualty with blood loss of a life-threatening nature (tourniquet, haemostatic dressing)
- A casualty requiring supplementary oxygen (Assess vitals, provide oxygen)
In addition to this, you’ll need to show your ability to do the following tasks:
- Identifying when to provide first aid
- Following DRSABCD protocol (Danger, Response, Send for help, Airway, Breathing, CPR and Defibrillation)
- Completing incident reports
- Performing a handover to emergency services
- Selecting appropriate resuscitation and oxygen equipment, and then cleaning, fixing and store it after use.
Being able to give vital support to a person experiencing breathing difficulties is invaluable and essential for many medical positions. These types of circumstances go beyond basic first aid training, as they require specific gear and the use of oxygen equipment. HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy gives you the education necessary to deal with these types of emergencies.
Government regulations for Vocational Education and Training (VET) requires anyone participating in accredited training to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. This is not something that First Aid Course Perth can attain for you. But the application process is quick and easy. Head to the USI website to begin the process, which shouldn’t take longer than five minutes. Once you receive your USI, it’s yours for life. Similar to your tax file number. Any VET course you take in the future will be linked to this number.
Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy is a hands-on course that blends applied skills with theory.
With tests during the half-day seminar, everything is on the same day, with a trainer available the entire time to assist you or answer any questions. You even will receive your certificates on the day of your course.
All our First Aid Courses are delivered according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and in accordance with Safe Work Australia recommendations.
First Aid Pro, First Aid Course Endorsements