HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation Online
First Aid Training with Options
This delivery method suits students who are more comfortable learning online. We deliver the content and assessment via Vasto, our online learning system. Once you complete that, you attend a short face-to-face practical assessment. The online training can be completed at your own pace in the comfort of your own home, office or wherever.
All the training and assessment in this course are face-to-face in the training room. A pre-course reading and quiz must be completed prior to attending the practical training session. This course delivery structure means more time for you to discuss things and ask questions. You also get maximum value from our experienced trainers.
Start From $39
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
Our CPR Course is the brand new and latest accredited CPR course in Australia and replaces the now superseded HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Our new CPR Course offers a unique blend of knowledge-based and practical training with flexible and streamlined delivery options covering industry best practices taught by certified professional first aid trainers using state-of-the-art equipment, tools and techniques to help you manage any CPR emergency with confidence. Prepare to always be prepared with First Aid Pro.
Group First Aid Bookings
Book in bulk and save. Discounts apply for corporate or group bookings. We can even organise for a trainer to come to you! For further information or to book please contact our corporate and group bookings team at email@example.com
CPR Also Known As:
Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
CPR update course
Accredited CPR Units
HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
CPR Course Near Me
With locations spread right across the city, you’re sure to find a course in a location that suits you. Our locations are carefully selected to ensure they are fully accessible by public transport and have sufficient parking. All facilities are fully stocked with the latest state-of-the-art first aid training equipment and comfort amenities. Tea and coffee is available at all First Aid Pro training facilities.
CPR Online Training Course Requirements
In order to successfully meet all of First Aid Pro Perth’s HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course requirements participants must:
First Aid Certificate Holders
At First Aid Pro we work hard to ensure all our students receive high quality, quick and seamless CPR and first aid training with first-class customer service. We are always listening to our students and looking for ways we can improve their overall learning experience. We surveyed over 16,000 First Aid Pro students last year and our overall student satisfaction rate was 98.5%. See what some of our students had to say below:
HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
First Aid Pro Perth offers nationally accredited training programs and superb customer service, First Aid Pro Perth is renowned as one of the most trusted agencies specialising in first aid training. First Aid Pro Perth trains thousands of people in a fun and interactive way, placing an emphasis on hands-on demonstrations that teach you how to intervene in various medical emergencies. This practical training, delivered in a friendly and safe space, will empower you to step up as a first-aid responder when it matters most. Delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and satisfies the Unit of Competency unit from the new HLT Health Training Package.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, better known as CPR or basic emergency life support (BELS) is one of the most important first aid skills that can save someone’s life in a medical emergency. The HLTAID009 Provide a cardiopulmonary resuscitation course, which can be taken as an individual course or as part of our HLTAID0011 Provide first aid course, is our most popular training session on offer.
In this course, you will learn how to perform CPR on adults. You will also be instructed on how to use the DRSABCD protocol, properly understand defibrillation and use an automated external defibrillator (AED) when it is required. With these skills, you will feel better equipped to calmly handle medical emergencies when they arise.
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, sometimes referred to as CPR (superseded HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support (sometimes referred to as BELS) – superseded HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (sometimes referred to as First Aid) – superseded HLTAID03 Provide first aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting (superseded HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting)
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in a remote or isolated site (superseded HLTAID005 Remote first aid)
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid (superseded HLTAID006)
- HLTAID015 Provide advanced resuscitation and oxygen therapy (superseded HLTAID007)
- HLTAID016 Manage first aid services and resources (superseded HLTAID008)
In these unprecedented times, the health and safety of our participants is First Aid Pro’s top priority. All our facilities have implemented infection control measures to do our part in curbing the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We ask any participants who are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms to contact us and reschedule your training for another date. If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you complete a First Aid Pro training program, you will not only leave with exceptional first aid, CPR knowledge and skills, but you will also receive a fully accredited CPR certificate. After successfully finishing your HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course, you can expect to receive your certification on the same day or within 24 hours of completion (T&C) Certificate Terms & Conditions
After Successful Completion of the CPR Course, you will receive a Nationally Accredited Certificate Issued by First Aid Pro (RTO:40407)
- How to perform CPR on adults and infants
- How to operate an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- First Aid response for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Management of medical emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, asthma, anaphylaxis, seizures, diabetes and febrile convulsions
- Management of medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Identification and management of hyperthermia (heat stroke) and Hypothermia, heat exhaustion and dehydration
- Assessing and moving a sick or injured person
- Control of infectious diseases
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
As a core first aid skill, the administration of HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can drastically improve a person’s chance of surviving an injury and making a full recovery. Given that CPR is one of the most important life-saving procedures in first aid training, HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is one of the first aid course Perth most popular courses available.
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in Remote or Isolated Site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources
At the First Aid Course Perth, we understand that our customers lead busy lives. Whilst we do have mandatory pre-course reading requirements, it is self-paced and self-managed. It is our hope that having the freedom to choose when and how you complete these prerequisites will make the process easier and more enjoyable for you. The actual number of time required for each learner to complete the pre reading and quiz varies depending on the learners existing knowledge, skills and experience.
First Aid Pro Perth runs HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses 7 days a week in many locations from 9:00am to 11am. (Frequency may vary). Or talk to us to book workplace training where we come to you.
All students undertaking a Nationally Registered training course in Australia must have a valid a Unique Student Identifier (USI). USI’s only need be created once, and the number generated is yours for life. So, if have completed any formal study since 2015 it is likely that you may already have a USI that you can use. Obtaining a USI is free and takes less than 5 minutes. To create a USI or search the USI Registry if you have forgotten yours click HERE.
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
The candidate will demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
- Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
All our First Aid Courses are delivered according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and in accordance with Safe Work Australia recommendations.
First Aid Pro, First Aid Course Endorsements