First Aid Blended Delivery
First Aid Training with Options
All the training and assessment in this course are face-to-face in the training room. A pre-course reading and quiz must be completed prior to attending the practical training session. This course delivery structure means more time for you to discuss things and ask questions. You also get maximum value from our experienced trainers.
This delivery method suits students who are more comfortable learning online. We deliver the content and assessment via Vasto, our online learning system. Once you complete that, you attend a short face-to-face practical assessment. The online training can be completed at your own pace in the comfort of your own home, office or wherever.
The face-to-face training session covers all the topics, which are also assessed in the training environment. This is a popular delivery method that suits a broad range of people because there is a great balance between online and classroom learning. You can do the online training component at your own pace in the comfort of your own home or workplace.
Start From $97
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Blended
(Includes HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support)
Our First Aid Course offers a unique blend of knowledge-based and practical training with flexible and streamlined delivery options covering industry best practices taught by certified professional first aid trainers using state-of-the-art equipment, tools and techniques to help you manage any CPR or First Aid emergency with confidence. Prepare to always be prepared with First Aid Pro.
Book in bulk and save. Discounts apply for corporate or group bookings. We can even organise for a trainer to come to you! For further information or to book please contact our corporate and group bookings team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior First Aid
First Aid Refresher
Apply First Aid
First Aid update course
Accredited CPR Units
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
First Aid Course Near Me
With locations spread right across the city, you’re sure to find a course in a location that suits you. Our locations are carefully selected to ensure they are fully accessible by public transport and have sufficient parking. All facilities are fully stocked with the latest state-of-the-art first aid training equipment and comfort amenities. Tea and coffee available at all First Aid Pro training facilities
Blended First Aid Training Course Requirements
In order to successfully meet all of First Aid Pro Perth’s HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course requirements participants must:
First Aid Certificate Holders
At First Aid Pro we work hard to ensure all our students receive high quality, quick and seamless CPR and first aid training with first-class customer service. We are always listening to our students and looking for ways we can improve their overall learning experience. We surveyed over 16,000 First Aid Pro students last year and our overall student satisfaction rate was 98.5%. See what some of our students had to say below:
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
At First Aid Pro Perth we cover all the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty in line with first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC), the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and other leading Australian national peak clinical bodies.
Workplace first aiders are required to undergo and complete a nationally accredited first aid training course such as First Aid Pro Perth’s HLTAID003 Provide First Aid. Upon successful completion of our course you, you will receive a Statement of Attainment or first aid certificate which can improve your opportunities in securing a new job or meeting the requirements of your existing position.
Our accredited HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course includes how to respond to many common medical emergencies including the treatment of Asthma, how to use the DRSABCD protocol, the use of an EpiPen for critical anaphylaxis emergencies, how and when to use an AED or defibrillator, plus much more.
Upon completion of the First Aid Pro Perth’s HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course you will be equipped with skills and confidence you need to act calmly and decisively as a first aid responder in a medical emergency.
This course covers the following Accredited Units of Competency
- HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
At The First Aid Course Perth, your health and safety is our first priority. Measures to control infection and COVID-19 safe practices are in practice across all our training facilities. Please contact us and reschedule your training if you feel unwell, experience any symptoms or have been in close contact with a COVID-positive case. Please email us at email@example.com for further information.
First Aid Pro Perth prides itself on offering its course participants high quality training and excellent customer service which does not end once the classroom session is over. We do our best to ensure that all candidates who have successfully completed our HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (including HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (BELS) and HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)) receive a Nationally Accredited First Aid Certificate issued by First Aid Pro (RTO: 40407) on the same day or within 24 hours of completion (Terms and Conditions apply).
Whilst full and complete course details can be found by downloading our course PDF HERE some of the core skills covered in the course include:
✓ How to perform CPR on adults and infants
✓ How to operate an Defibrillator known as a AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
✓ How to use an EpiPen to treat anaphylaxis
✓ First Aid response for bleeding, burns and fractures
✓ Management of medical emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, asthma, anaphylaxis, seizures, diabetes and febrile convulsions
✓ Management of medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
✓ Identification and management of hyperthermia (heat stroke) and Hypothermia, heat exhaustion and dehydration
✓ Assessing and moving a sick or injured person you Control of infectious diseases
✓ Legal responsibilities of a first aider
Demonstrated knowledge required to complete the tasks outlined in elements and performance criteria of this unit:
- guidelines and procedures including:
- ARC guidelines relevant to the provision of first aid
- first aid guidelines from Australian national peak clinical bodies
- potential incident hazards and risk minimisation processes when providing first aid
- infection control procedures, including use of standard precautions and resuscitation barrier devices
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- first aid codes of practice
- appropriate workplace or site procedures relevant to the provision of first aid
- contents of first aid kits
- legal, workplace and community considerations including:
- duty of care requirements
- own skills and limitations
- consent and how it relates to the conscious and unconscious casualty
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- awareness of potential need for stress management techniques and available support for rescuers
- considerations when providing CPR, including:
- upper airway and effect of positional change
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED (defibrillator)
- safety and maintenance procedures for an AED
- chain of survival
- how to access emergency services
- techniques for providing CPR to adults, children and infants including:
- how to recognise that a casualty is unconscious and not breathing normally
- rate, ratio and depth of compressions and ventilations
- correct hand positioning for compressions
- basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR
- signs, symptoms and management of the following conditions and injuries:
- allergic reaction
- non-life-threatening and life-threatening bleeding
- cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- envenomation – all current treatments
- eye injuries
- fractures, dislocations, strains and sprains
- head, neck and spinal injuries
- minor wounds
- sharps injuries
First Aid Pro Perth has created an efficient, effective, and convenient learning experience for everyone where the stress of online learning is minimised by the creation of a self-paced and self-directed mandatory pre-course learning requirements. Before attending the 6-hour face-to-face classroom session participants must complete a short mandatory pre-course quiz and bring it with them on the day. The amount of time spent completing the mandatory pre-course learning requirements will vary depending on each participant’s existing first aid knowledge and experience and may impact on the overall duration of the course between participants, based on their existing knowledge and experience.
First Aid Pro Perth runs HLTAID003 Provide First Aid courses 7 days a week in many locations from 9:00am to 3:00pm. (Frequency may vary). Or talk to use to book workplace training where we come to you.
All students undertaking a Nationally Registered training course in Australia must have a valid a Unique Student Identifier (USI). USI’s only need be created once, and the number generated is yours for life. So, if have completed any formal study since 2015 it is likely that you may already have a USI that you can use. Obtaining a USI is free and takes less than 5 minutes. To create a USI or search the USI Registry if you have forgotten yours click HERE.
First Aid Course Locations across Perth, Western Australia (WA)
- Perth CBD – 573 Hay Street, Perth, WA, 6000
- Canning Vale Community Centre – Eucalyptus Blvd & Waratah Blvd, Canning Vale WA 6155.
- Gosnell Hotel – 2149 Albany Highway, Gosnell’s, WA, 6111
- Quest Rockingham, 22 Flinders Lane, Rockingham WA, 6168
The participant will show the ability to complete tasks outlined in the criteria of this unit, manage tasks, and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
Practice and assessment will be completed has completed the following tasks in line with State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, first aid guidelines determined by the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and other Australian national peak clinical bodies and workplace or site procedures:
- managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, breathing casualty including appropriate positioning to reduce the risk of airway compromise
- managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, non-breathing adult, including:
- performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- following the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED) to deliver at least one shock
- demonstrating a rotation of single rescuer operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- responding appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed, in line with ARC guidelines, the unconscious, non-breathing infant, including:
- performing at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- managed casualties, with the following:
- non-life-threatening bleeding
- envenomation, using pressure immobilisation
- fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, using appropriate immobilisation techniques
- minor wound cleaning and dressing
- responded to at least one simulated first aid incident contextualised to the candidate’s workplace or community setting, where the candidate has no knowledge of the casualty’s condition prior to starting treatment, including:
- identifying the casualty’s illness or injury through history, signs and symptoms
- using personal protective equipment (PPE) as required
- providing appropriate first aid treatment
- conveying incident details to emergency services or advising casualty on any required post incident action
- providing an accurate verbal and written report of the incident
- reviewing the incident.
All our First Aid Courses are delivered according to the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and in accordance with Safe Work Australia recommendations.
First Aid Pro, First Aid Course Endorsements