(08) 8317 5117
Nationally Accredited First Aid Courses
- Course Name
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (No Online) (CPR & AED)
- Course Cost
- Course Code
- Course AKA code(s)
Provide CPRProvide Cardiopulmonary ResuscitationPerform CPRCPR RefresherCPR update courseHLTCPR211A
- Is the course accredited?
- Course length
- 2 Hours Face-to-Face
- Available Discounts
- Group Booking Discounts Available
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
First Aid Pro Perth offers nationally accredited training programs and superb customer service, First Aid Pro Perth is renowned as one of the most trusted agencies specialising in first aid training. First Aid Pro Perth trains thousands of people in a fun and interactive way, placing an emphasis on hands-on demonstrations that teach you how to intervene in various medical emergencies. This practical training, delivered in a friendly and safe space, will empower you to step up as a first-aid responder when it matters most. Delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and satisfies the Unit of Competency unit from the new HLT Health Training Package.
Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, better known as CPR or basic emergency life support (BELS) is one of the most important first aid skills that can save someone’s life in a medical emergency. The HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course, which can be taken as an individual course or as part of our HLTAID003 Provide first aid course, is our most popular training session on offer.
In this course, you will learn how to perform CPR on adults, children, and childcare first aid infants. You will also be instructed on how to use the DRSABCD protocol and properly understand defibrillation and the use automated external defibrillator (AED) when it is required. With these skills, you will feel better equipped to calmly handle medical emergencies when they arise.
In these unprecedented times, the health and safety of our participants is First Aid Pro top priority. All our facilities have implemented infection control measures to do our part in curbing the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We ask any participants who are feeling unwell or experiencing any symptoms to contact us and reschedule your training for another date. If you have any questions or concerns, please email [email protected].
NO Online or E-Learning
At the First Aid Course Perth, we understand that our customers lead busy lives. Whilst we do have mandatory pre-course reading requirements, it is self-paced and self-managed. It is our hope that having the freedom to choose when and how you complete these prerequisites will make the process easier and more enjoyable for you. The actual number of time required for each learner to complete the pre reading and quiz varies depending on the learners existing knowledge, skills and experience.
First Aid Course Delivery
2 Hour Face-to-Face Training & Assessment
Delivered in a classroom setting to optimise participants’ learning experience, the HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation or (referred to as CPR) course offers a unique blend of knowledge-based and practical training.
The Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation course’s assessment methods include the following:
- Practical demonstrations – Through interactive simulations and role-playing scenarios, learners will have the opportunity to demonstrate the actions they would take in the event of a real medical emergency.
- Incident reports – Participants will be required to prepare verbal incident reports and/or assist in the preparation of incident reports (e.g. first aid reports).
- Knowledge assessments – Learners will be tested on their understanding of course principles through quizzes and multiple choice questions.
CPR Course Requirements
- Participants must be at least 14 years old. Participants under the age of 18 must present an enrolment form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Participants must be able to deliver verbal incident reports and/or supply information needed to prepare an incident report (e.g. first aid report).
- They must demonstrate the ability to communicate in an efficient and assertive manner during an incident (e.g. give an effective casualty handover).
- Students must show they can effectively read, interpret, and apply guidelines and protocols in emergency situations (e.g. reading and following Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines to ensure patient safety).
- Participants must perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (which includes five cycles of chest compressions and breaths) on an adult-sized manikin.
- Participants must perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (which includes five cycles of chest compressions and breaths) on an infant-sized manikin.
$45 (can vary – check our DAILY DEALS)
First Aid Pro Perth runs HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses 7 days a week in many locations from 9:00am to 11am. (Frequency may vary).
Or talk to us to book workplace training where we come to you.
First Aid Certificate
Issued Same Day
When you complete a First Aid Pro training program, you will not only leave with exceptional first aid, CPR knowledge and skills, but you will also receive a fully accredited CPR certificate. After successfully finishing your HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course, you can expect to receive your certification on the same day or within 24 hours of completion (T&C) Certificate Terms & Conditions
After Successful Completion of the CPR Course, you will receive a Nationally Accredited Certificate Issued by First Aid Pro (RTO:40407)
All students undertaking a Nationally Registered training course in Australia must have a valid a Unique Student Identifier (USI). USI’s only need be created once, and the number generated is yours for life. So, if have completed any formal study since 2015 it is likely that you may already have a USI that you can use. Obtaining a USI is free and takes less than 5 minutes. To create a USI or search the USI Registry if you have forgotten yours click HERE.
CPR Course/ First Aid Course- Training Locations
- Canning vale
First Aid Training Content Covered
- How to perform CPR on adults and infants
- How to operate an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- First Aid response for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Management of medical emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, asthma, anaphylaxis, seizures, diabetes and febrile convulsions
- Management of medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Identification and management of hyperthermia (heat stroke) and Hypothermia, heat exhaustion and dehydration
- Assessing and moving a sick or injured person
- Control of infectious diseases
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
CPR Performance Evidence
As a core first aid skill, the administration of HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can drastically improve a person’s chance of surviving an injury and making a full recovery. Given that CPR is one of the most important life-saving procedures in first aid training, HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is one of the first aid course Perth most popular courses available.
Practice and assessment will be completed in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
CPR Knowledge Evidence
The candidate will demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
- Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
Recently Released New Units for the HLT Training Package
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in Remote or Isolated Site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources
Sharon McCulloch trading as The First Aid Course Perth RTO:40407.
ABN: 79 752 489 758
HLTAID005 - Provide First Aid in Remote Situations (being replaced by HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site)
HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
UETTDRRF06 Perform Rescue From a Live LV Panel
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
Non Accredited Courses
MHFA – Mental Health First Aid
MHFAR – Mental Health First Aid Refresher
YMHFA - Youth Mental Health First Aid