(08) 8382 4677
Nationally Accredited First Aid Courses
- Course Name
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Plus Online)
- Course Cost
- $39 (may vary)
- Course Code
- Course AKA code(s)
Provide CPRProvide Cardiopulmonary ResuscitationPerform CPRCPR RefresherCPR update courseHLTCPR211A
- Is the course accredited?
- Course Duration
- 1 Hour – Skills Practice & Assessment
- Course Delivery
- Online: Required Knowledge Training & Assessment
- Available Discounts
- Group Booking Discounts Available
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (Online)
Also known as HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
First Aid Pro Perth, a trusted first aid training provider (RTO: 40407) has now made CPR Training even EASIER, that enables participants to complete training and theory assessments online, followed by a short face-to-face practical session and smaller class sizes.
Getting your CPR Certification is both Simple and Easy with our Same-Day Certification Course
First Aid Pro Perth offers the most comprehensive CPR course that meets the requirements for nursing, students, teaching, trades, fitness, and all other professions. Delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and satisfies the Unit of Competency unit from the new HLT Health Training Package.
(also known as CPR First Aid)
This CPR course is perfect for people who work from home, are confined to their workplace or are struggling for free time as the online training and assessment can be completed at your own pace while working in a space that suits you. This course will provide all the knowledge required for attending and completing the 1HR Skills Practice & Assessment Workshop.
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Self-paced online learning and assessment
- Training Delivered Onsite or at your Office
- Training Tailored Specifically to your Industry
- Group Pricing Available
- NO UPFRONT COSTS – Invoiced After Course Delivery
- Supply Nation – Certified
- Australian College of Nursing (ACN) – endorsed
The HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course provides participants with the knowledge needed to safely perform CPR on various groups of people, including adults, infants, and childcare first aid infants. It also outlines how to use the DRSABCD protocol and properly understand defibrillation and how to use an automated external defibrillator (AED) in an emergency situation. Plus, much more….
At the First Aid Course Perth we aim to keep everybody safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic, First Aid Pro Perth has implemented infection prevention strategies and action plans. Please note that, if you are experiencing symptoms that could be related to COVID (e.g. cough, fever), we ask that you contact us to reschedule your training course. We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding in these difficult times. Inquiries and/or concerns can be directed to [email protected].
Online Training and Assessment – CPR
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation online training features clear, easy to understand with up-to-date information. The time required to complete the online varies based on learners existing knowledge, skills, and experience.
The Practical Skills and Assessment Workshop 1HR gives you the opportunity to learn, practice, receive feedback and complete required skills assessment. To confirm understanding of online work a short quiz will be completed in the practical workshop.
CPR Course Requirements
- Participants must be at least 14 years old. Participants under the age of 18 must present an enrolment form signed by a parent or guardian.
- Participants must be able to deliver verbal incident reports and/or supply information needed to prepare an incident report (e.g. first aid report).
- They must demonstrate the ability to communicate in an efficient and assertive manner during an incident (e.g. give an effective casualty handover).
- Students must show they can effectively read, interpret, and apply guidelines and protocols in emergency situations (e.g. reading and following Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines to ensure patient safety).
- Participants must perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (which includes five cycles of chest compressions and breaths) on an adult-sized manikin.
- Participants must perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (which includes five cycles of chest compressions and breaths) on an infant-sized manikin.
$39 (can vary – check our DAILY DEALS)
Course Fee Includes:
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Up to Date First Aid CPR Learner Guide
- Digital Statement of Attainment
- Course Booking fees
First Aid Pro Perth runs HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses 7 days a week, please check the course calendar for times and locations.
Or talk to us to book workplace training where we come to you.
First Aid Certificate
Issued Same Day
When you complete a First Aid Pro training program, you will not only leave with exceptional first aid, CPR knowledge and skills, but you will also receive a fully accredited CPR certificate. After successfully finishing your HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course, you can expect to receive your certification on the same day or within 24 hours of completion (T&C) Certificate Terms & Conditions
After Successful Completion of the CPR Course, you will receive a Nationally Accredited Certificate Issued by First Aid Pro (RTO:40407)
HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
As a core first aid skill, the administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can drastically improve a person’s chance of surviving an injury and making a full recovery. Given that CPR is one of the most important life-saving procedures in first aid training, HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is one of BRAND NAME’s most popular courses available.
CPR Performance Evidence
As a core first aid skill, the administration of HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) can drastically improve a person’s chance of surviving an injury and making a full recovery. Given that CPR is one of the most important life-saving procedures in first aid training, HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation is one of the first aid course Perth most popular courses available.
Practice and assessment will be completed in line with state/territory regulations, first aid codes of practice, Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines and workplace procedures:
Followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines, including:
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor
- performed at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface
- responded appropriately in the event of regurgitation or vomiting
- managed the unconscious breathing casualty
- followed single rescue procedure, including the demonstration of a rotation of operators with minimal interruptions to compressions
- followed the prompts of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate’s workplace/community setting, including:
- demonstrated safe manual handling techniques
- provided an accurate verbal or written report of the incident
CPR Knowledge Evidence
The candidate will demonstrate essential knowledge required to effectively complete tasks outlined in criteria of this unit, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the work role. This includes knowledge of:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures including:
- ARC Guidelines relevant to the provision of CPR
- safe work practices to minimise risks and potential hazards
- infection control principles and procedures, including use of standard precautions
- requirements for currency of skill and knowledge
- Legal, workplace and community considerations, including:
- awareness of potential need for stress-management techniques and available support following an emergency situation
- duty of care requirements
- respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- own skills and limitations
- privacy and confidentiality requirements
- importance of debriefing
- Considerations when providing CPR, including:
- airway obstruction due to body position
- appropriate duration and cessation of CPR
- appropriate use of an AED
- chain of survival
- standard precautions
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- how to recognise a person is not breathing normally
- upper airway and effect of positional change
- How to perform CPR on adults and infants
- How to operate an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- First Aid response for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Management of medical emergencies such as heart attacks, strokes, asthma, anaphylaxis, seizures, diabetes and febrile convulsions
- Management of medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- Identification and management of hyperthermia (heat stroke) and Hypothermia, heat exhaustion and dehydration
- Assessing and moving a sick or injured person ü Control of infectious diseases
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
Recently Released New Units for the HLT Training Package
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an Education and Care Setting
- HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in Remote or Isolated Site
- HLTAID014 Provide Advanced First Aid
- HLTAID015 Provide Advanced Resuscitation and Oxygen Therapy
- HLTAID016 Manage First Aid Services and Resources
Sharon McCulloch trading as The First Aid Course Perth RTO:40407.
ABN: 79 752 489 758
HLTAID005 - Provide First Aid in Remote Situations (being replaced by HLTAID013 Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site)
HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations
UETTDRRF06 Perform Rescue From a Live LV Panel
CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
Non Accredited Courses
MHFA – Mental Health First Aid
MHFAR – Mental Health First Aid Refresher
YMHFA - Youth Mental Health First Aid